Thursday, November 18, 2010

Heightened Security

The German Government has issued a terrorist threat warning. They expect something might happen in the next two weeks and they said that there is ground for concern but not for hysteria. As for me I am trying to stay away from the more touristy areas of the city but it is not completely possible to do so. Just this evening I was walking next to Berlin City Hall and there were two armed police standing on the steps that clearly don't usually stand there. There has been an apparent increase in the number of guards in the train stations and touristy areas of Berlin and these guards are well armed and have bomb sniffing dogs. This does make the lot of us (my friends and I) feel more secure but we are still being as cautious as we can without living our lives in fear. In any case I will keep you guys updated if something does occur!
Love,
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment